A toothache refers to pain caused when nerves within your pulp located in the roots of your teeth are damaged. This can be the result of an infection, an oral accident or injury, bad oral hygiene, or tooth loss including extractions. In some cases, the pain may be felt in the mouth, face, ear, and jaw. You should visit a dentist if any of the following problems occur:
– Pain is felt even after using over-the-counter medications.
– Severe pain continues for longer than 24 hours after a tooth has been pulled.
– You have swelling in your face or fever which may be the result of an abscess.
– Noticeable discharge can be seen or felt around a tooth.
– A tooth has been forcibly knocked out due to an accident or blunt trauma.
– Damage to your TMJs has occurred.
– Wisdom teeth continue to cause pain when erupting, causing inflammation.
– High fevers or chills that cannot be treated with medication.
– Facial rashes that cannot be easily explained.
If you need to come speak with Seretti Comprehensive Dentistry for the treatment of a toothache, you can schedule an exam with Dr. Celso Seretti and our team at our dentist office in Houston, Texas, by calling us at 281-486-9440. We look forward to hearing from you.