A bright summer smile often means that a damaged tooth must be removed. Although it is often better to save teeth if possible, some teeth may be beyond repair and can actually begin to hurt your smile or risk infectious diseases, and thus must be removed.
Keep your smile shining brightly all summer with effective tooth extraction treatments. Listed below are some important instructions to better prepare you for a tooth extraction recovery:
– Smoking hinders recovery time from an extraction, so give up smoking, or give it up for at least 48 hours before and after surgery.
– It is important for your body to rest and relax after surgery, so try to avoid all forms of exercise and fitness, to give your body time to recover.
– If you dentist has given you directives for recovery, follow them exactly as advised, and if any problems or concerns arise, be sure to let them know about it.
– Set forth a plan well in advance of your tooth extraction procedure to confirm you have the best chance of success before, during, and after the procedure.
– If excessive swelling manifests itself, use an ice pack or medications as prescribed by your dentist.
– To prevent yourself from choking on food, do not eat until the general anesthetic completely wears off.
To discuss your oral health care options with Dr. Celso Seretti and the rest of our team at Seretti Comprehensive Dentistry, simply book an appointment at our dentist office in Houston, Texas. Our number is 281-486-9440, and we look forward to making your smile shine soon!